ndt technician (Thailand Region & Asia)
by tim austin
Name: Timothy David Austin
Location: 3, Connaught House, Station Crescent, Ashford, Middlesex,
Tel No: 01784 255296
Mobile: 07595 167284
Position Sought: NDT Technician / Engineer
Salary: £ Negotiable
Notice Period: 1 Month / or less.
Interview Notice: 3 – 5 day
I am a confident person with excellent communication skills. I work as part of a team and also possess the initiative to work independently. I enjoy job roles with variety and opportunities, with change and throw up fresh challenges on a daily basis. In my spare time I enjoy travelling, playing cricket, football and indoor rowing.
July 2008 to Present
Honeywell UK (Wheels & Brakes), Feltham, Middlesex.
NDT Mechanic II
1. Fluorescent Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, Eddy Current & Ultrasonic inspection of aircraft wheels & brakes.
2. Carry out detailed inspections of components using specialist NDT equipment, identify where damage exists and recommend viability of repair.
3. Set up and calibrate equipment, prepare components for NDT inspection fully utilising available equipment and processes.
4. Carry out inspection of all sections of components, interpret and evaluate, report on test results.
5. Plan and prioritise workload, ensuring schedule times are achieved, in liaison with Production and Engineering team.
6. Understand NDT standards and specifications and translate them for working conditions.
7. To train and guide NDT Level 1 personnel in NDT procedures.
8. Maintain positive working relationships with all internal departments and external customers and attend meetings when department representation is required on a weekly and monthly basis.
Oct 2007 – June 2008
West Middlesex Surface Treatments, Uxbridge, Middx
NDT Engineer II (Team Leader)
1. The Setting up the NDT Department for the Organisation, gaining ISO 9001 approval & Smiths Aviation/GE (GEAS-Wo) approval.
Team Leader Role
1. Allocate resources to ensure production standards and targets are achieved within agreed budgetary requirements
2. Allocate resources to ensure team TRT performances
and objectives are achieved.
3. To lead and motivate team members to achieve best practice performance standards and to understand their responsibilities / obligations regarding compliance with company procedures.
4. Communicate the importance of understanding and adhering to the company quality standards and procedures manuals and the OEM manuals to all team members.
5. Co-ordinate communication processes within the team.
6. Ensure all team members adhere to the health & safety standards, including full use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
7. Provide feedback to Production Manager/ Managing Director on relevant issues within the team.
8. Assist in training of other team members ensuring best practice standards are met.
Sept 1997 – Sept 2007
H+S Aviation Ltd, Portsmouth, Hampshire
NDT Technician (Deputy Team Leader)
Role as above. With additional tasks of pre penetrant etch of Hamilton Standard & McCauley blades.
1994 – Sept 1997
Employment Agency Contracts
IBM UK Ltd, St Ivel Ltd, Balfour Kilpatrick Ltd, John Brown Ltd
Various Accountancy, Personnel, Travel & Sales contracts in London, Portsmouth & Europe.
1, Foundation Degree in Non Destructive Testing (Northampton
University). Distance Learning January 2010 to Present.
2, Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection PCN Level II
3, Magnetic Particle Inspection PCN Level II
4, Level II Eddy Current Inspection NAS 410 (Honeywell Aerospace)
5, Level I Ultrasonic Inspection NAS 410 (Honeywell Aerospace)
6, 80 Hour Training Eddy Current Inspection (AIT Norwich)
7, 80 Hour Training Ultrasonic Inspection (AIT Norwich)
8, BS EN 4179 Fluorescent Penetrant & Magnetic Particle Specific for Smiths Aviation / GE Aviation (GEAS-Wo).
9, Invicta Team Leader Training Programme (Invicta Training Company)
10, Qualified First Aid (St Johns Ambulance)
11, ICS Diploma Personnel Management (1999/2000)
12, Honeywell Bravo Award (Network NDT Audit)
Riddlesdown High School, Purley, Surrey
Mathematics ‘O’ Level Grade B
English ‘O’ Level Grade B
Physics ‘O’ Level Grade C
History CSE Grade 2
Biology CSE Grade 2
Chemistry CSE Grade 2
Available on request.