by Ahmed Salih
(Panama City, FL USA)
Ahmed K. Salih
1408 Betty Lane Panama City, FL 32401
Almost 20 years of experience in Airframe and Powerplant maintenance/service on aircrafts. I’m a successful aircraft mechanic with an above average mechanical ability and a desire to work with my hands. I have a special interest in aviation, appreciation of the importance of doing a job carefully and thoroughly, and the desire to learn throughout my career.
DynCorp International LLC. Kuwait City, Kuwait 10/2005 – 03/2009
· Was employed in Kuwait as a Beachcraft C-12 mechanic.
· Performed scheduled maintenance, repairs and completed inspections required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to keep aircraft in top operating condition.
· Inspected engines, landing gear, instruments, pressurized sections, brakes, valves, pumps, air-conditioning systems and other parts of the aircraft, as well as necessary maintenance.
· Troubleshoot to find and fix faulty equipment, and also repair or replace worn or defective parts.
· Tested equipment to make sure it works properly and spent an increasing amount of time repairing electronic systems.
Air-Midwest. Panama City, Florida USA 2004 - 2005
· A foreman and quality control inspector making sure all Beechcraft 1900D aircrafts got to customers in a safe and timely manner.
· Responsible for making sure all maintenance was done in accordance with all current
FAR’s and the airlines part 121 operation.
Vertex Aerospace. Panama City, Florida USA 2000 - 2004
· Performed all functions involved with maintaining a fleet of Beechcraft 1900s, including but not limited to: servicing, routine maintenance, engine changes, maintaining and inspecting PWC PT6A-67D engines, prop changes, detailed inspections and trouble-shooting of all aircraft systems in a timely manner.
Pride International LLC. Alexandria, Louisiana USA 1990 - 2000
· Preformed numerous tasks as an Airframe & Powerplant Technician.
· Received certification in B-727, B737 and DC-9/MD80.
· Completed 40 hours of continuing education for each certification.
· Removed/replaced rigged engines, remove/replaced and rigged Thrust Reversers, removed/replaced bleed air ducts, wires, fire loops, valves, pre-coolers, serviced engines and other engine work.
· Performed Airframe work, removing/replacing heat exchangers, hydraulic pumps and filters and lines, actuators, main gears and rigged, nose gears rigged, flight controls and rigged and various of airframe tasks.
Stillwater High School. Stillwater, Oklahoma 1983-1987.
· Received a high school diploma.
· Took mechanical courses as an extra curriculum activity.
Bergen County College. Paramus, New Jersey 1987 - 1990.
· Took various courses in English, Math, History, and Science.
· Received over 35 credits as a Computer Science major.
A&P License #515800899
Certified in the following B-727 09/25/98, B-737DC-9/MD80
Run/Taxi qualified Beechcraft 1900D