by KOVILAGE SHEHAN LAKMAL DE SILVA
To obtain a rewarding career in a reputed organization as an aircraft mechanic in the field of aircraft maintenance.
Full Name : Kovilage Shehan Lakmal De Silva
Gender : Male
Civil Status : Single
Nationality : Sri Lankan
Date of Birth : 24th May 1988
E-Mail : email@example.com
National Diploma in Aerospace Engineering September 2009 - June 2011
Emirates Aviation College, Dubai
Graduation: June 2011
The studies were focused and provided with comprehensive training for a technical career in the aircraft industry. And it helps towards obtaining EASA part 66 “ Aircraft Maintenance License”
Core Subjects followed :-
• Mathematics for Technicians
• Mechanical Principles and Applications
• Theory of Flight
• Electrical and Electronics Principles
• Communications for Technicians
• Aircraft Workshop Principles and Practices
• Aerospace Electronic Devices and Circuits
• Further Mathematics for Technicians
• Principles and Applications of Aircraft Mechanical Sciences
• Business Systems for Technicians
• Aircraft Hydraulic Systems
• Principles and Applications of Aircraft Physical Science
• Human Factors in Aerospace Engineering
• Metallic Aircraft Materials, Structures and Repair
• Aircraft Maintenance Practices
• Aircraft Gas Turbine Engines
• Aerospace Electrical Devices and Circuits
• Aircraft Instruments and Indicating Systems
• Aviation Legislation
• Engineering Project
For the final year project I developed a Mini Gas Turbine Jet Engine and got 75%
GCE Advance Level Examination August 2008
Royal College, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Stream of Study - Mathematics
Physics S (PASS)
Chemistry S (PASS)
GCE Ordinary Level Examination December 2004
Royal College, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
2 – Distinction passes, 5- B passes, 3- C passes
EASA - European Aviation Safety Agency, UK
UK CAA EASA part 66 license B1.1
Module Status Date of Completion
Module 1 Mathematics Completed October 3rd 2010
Module 2 Physics Completed October 3rd 2010
Module 3 Electrical Fundamentals Completed December 5th 2010
Module 4 Electronic Fundamentals Completed February 6th 2011
Module 9 Human Factors(MCQ) Completed December 5th 2010
At present, I am studying and in the process of completing the remaining EASA B1.1 license modules.
European Computer Driving License (ECDL) March 2009
Successfully passed all the modules required for the granting of the International Computer Driving License (ICDL) syllabus version 4.0 conducted by ECDL foundation.
City & Guilds, UK January –June 2009
Followed a 6-month course at City & Guilds with the following subjects.
• Technical Diploma in Electrical Engineering/Theory
Engineering Fundamentals II
• Technical Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Plant technology/Theory
Internship Program At Asian Aviation Centre, Colombo Airport, Sri Lanka SEPTEMBER 2010
Underwent 02 months internship program at aircraft maintenance division of Asian Aviation Centre, Sri Lanka during summer holidays.
Obtained knowledge in:
Aircraft hydraulic systems
Aircraft undercarriage systems
Gas turbine Engines
Obtained hands-on experience in :
Patch Repairs of the structure
Basic workshop practices, riveting and de-riveting
Applied for On Job Training at Emirates Airlines in July 2011.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES & AWARDS
• Awarded Royal College Colours in 2003 and 2005 for Table Tennis
• Participated In all the major tournaments in Table Tennis for Royal College.
• During my course at Emirates Aviation College, I represented college Table Tennis team in all the major tournaments and I was awarded "College Championship" cup for the year 2009/10.
• Captained Emirates Aviation College Table Tennis team for the year 2010/11.
• Awarded the outstanding performance trophy in Table tennis for 2010/11.
• Awarded the Presidents Scout – Highest award for a scout in Sri Lanka - 2007.
• Member of the College Junior Western Band.
• Senior member of the College Choir.
Represented Sri Lanka / College at following overseas programs-
• I*EARN Youth Programs held in China and Russia in Year 2000 and 2002 respectively.
• ‘World School Forum’ held in year 2006 in Brisbane, Australia.
• Senior Prefect, Senior Steward, Middle and Junior Prefect of Royal College.
NON - RELATED REFREES
Mr. Kenneth D’Souza
Centre of Excellence
Tel Off: +97142189130
Mr. Oscar De Alwis
Engineering Stores Controller
Tel no : +97142182433
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Aircraft Mechanic Jobs Search.